The Silverman Group, Inc. (TSG) has provided expert public relations counsel and strategy for Chicago arts, lifestyle, education and civic clients for nearly 20 years. From world-class cultural institutions to touring productions, chambers of commerce and trade shows, our team of authentic and passionate senior-level PR professionals knows how to get each story to the right audience – and bring our clients into the spotlight!
We are currently seeking an entry-level communications specialist to join our team in the newly created role of Digital and PR Coordinator. As invested in our team as we are in our clients, starting benefits for the position include: generous 3+ week PTO plan plus holidays, including paid week off in late December; medical, dental, long & short-term disability and life insurance coverage; matching 401K plan; and invaluable access to free tickets for client performances and festivals. This is a growth-oriented position that can provide career opportunities for an ambitious and enthusiastic candidate.
- Writing all forms of press releases, advisories and backgrounders
- Pitching media and coordinating client opportunities
- Generating online content and social media strategies for both TSG and its clients
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with media and digital influencers
- Coordinating logistics, updating media lists and assisting with administrative tasks as needed
- Estimated breakdown of work is 60% public relations, 30% social media and 10% administrative
- Bachelor’s degree in PR/communications, journalism or a related major
- 1-2 years of professional experience in PR/communications (agency or in-house); experience with arts and/or nonprofit clients ideal
- Passionate about public relations and digital media
- Digital literacy and competency with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
To learn more about our company, team members and current clients, visit www.silvermangroupchicago.com.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and references to President Beth Silverman, Beth@silvermangroupchicago.com. Interviews will begin the week of Feb. 26, 2018 with start date in March TBD with final candidate.