The Silverman Group, Inc. (TSG) has provided expert public relations counsel and strategy for Chicago arts, lifestyle, education and civic clients for nearly 20 years. From world-class Chicago cultural institutions to national touring productions, from chambers of commerce to trade shows, our team of authentic and passionate senior-level PR professionals knows how to get each story to the right audience – and bring our clients into the spotlight!
We are currently seeking an Account Executive to join our team.
- Provide public relations services for client accounts with supervision from senior staff; provide secondary support on other accounts.
- Execute both traditional media and online influencer relations – including crafting all forms of press materials and pitches – to deliver comprehensive coverage, based on client objectives.
- Develop strong personal relationships with media in the Chicago and drive-in markets.
- Manage efforts of PR Apprentice on relevant client projects.
- Oversee the company’s social media efforts with input from senior staff.
- Participate in creative brainstorming sessions and occasional team-wide projects.
- Other administrative tasks as needed.
- Minimum 2-3 years of public relations experience (agency or in-house); experience with arts and/or nonprofit clients ideal.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Desire to work both independently and as part of a team, pitching in where needed.
- Passionate about the arts and the media.
- Experience directly securing media coverage ideal.
- Digital literacy and competency with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, including an understanding of social media strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in PR/communications, journalism or a related major.
- Current driver’s license and ability to drive to occasional client appointments; use of rental vehicle provided.
As invested in our team as we are in our clients, starting benefits for the position include: generous 3+ week PTO plan plus holidays, including paid week off in late December; medical, dental, long & short-term disability and life insurance coverage; matching 401K plan; and access to free tickets for client performances and festivals. Salary commensurate with experience.
To learn more about our company, team members and current clients, visit www.silvermangroupchicago.com.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and references to President Beth Silverman, Beth@silvermangroupchicago.com.